Why Pathways? Well, first let’s define the word…
1. another word for path1, path2
2. a route to or way of access to; way of reaching or achieving something
3. (Education) courses taken by a student to gain entry to a higher course or towards a final qualification
4. (Biochemistry) biochem a chain of reactions associated with a particular metabolic process
n, pl paths (pɑːðz)
1. a road or way, esp a narrow trodden track
2. a surfaced walk, as through a garden
3. the course or direction in which something moves: the path of a whirlwind.
4. a course of conduct: the path of virtue.
5. (Computer Science) computing the directions for reaching a particular file or directory, as traced hierarchically through each of the parent directories usually from the root; the file or directory and all parent directories are separated from one another in the path by slashes
[Old English pæth; related to Old High German, German Pfad]
To me life is a path, or to be more specific, a series of pathways. Every decision we make, every relationship that ends, every birth, every death, every moment we breathe alters the course of those paths through our lives just as water alters the course of a river over time.
The last ten years of my life have demonstrated to me just how swiftly, and without cause or care, that your course in life, your pathway, is forever altered. How a moment can instantly change who you are, what you believe, what you want, who you want to be, and who you will eventually become.
Who I was then is a total stranger to me now; I can only imagine what I look like to her.
Where is your pathway leading you?
Thank you for stopping to taking the time to read PATHWAYS. I can’t promise you anything really fancy or super exciting, but I can offer you my observations along my pathways in life. Perhaps you will find something in those observations that resonates with yours.
As for the usual “About Me”… There really isn’t anything that exciting or special to tell, so you aren’t missing much. But, perhaps you’d disagree. In which case, feel free to check my profile or, if there is something you want to know, here is a contact form. Just ask. 🙂